Monday, January 5, 2015

If my years of physics have taught me anything it was that I knew this was a bad idea but, I put my trust in Guatemalan technology.

We had a Baptism this week for the bishop’s mom. He did the baptism though because it was his mom. The water takes so long to fill up the pila because of how slow the water comes out. It took us 8 hours to fill it up! No one was at the baptism though, it even the person we were going to baptize until an hour and a half after. They brought something to warm up the water, it was wire connected to a piece of metal that they put in the water. If my years of physics have taught me anything it was that I knew this was a bad idea but, I put my trust in Guatemalan technology. Within a few minutes sparks where flying out and all the power went out in the church. we checked outside and the power lines were smoking and everyone else’s power down the street was out too. I guess that is what we get for using a series circuit. we just baptized her right away because she was old and her only worry about being baptized is that the water would be cold and we didn’t want to wait for people and let the water get cold. As she was about to get in the water, a family came and brought warm water in like we asked them to. The water then got warm for the baptism and we had another family at the baptism.
 For this week, my companion (the district leader) put a goal to go contacting this week and that every companionship will find 20 news this week. The first day we spent the whole day painting a house. We didn’t mean to, it just kinda happened. The next day I was sick (MOM(S) I AM FINE, DO NOT WORRY.) There are these noodles that make me sick and our cook made them for us. It is kinda bad if you don’t eat all of the food given to you when someone gives you food and I didn’t want my cook to think that I don’t like her cooking so I ate them. (MOM(S) I AM FINE, DO NOT WORRY.) (I said that twice to emphasize that I AM FINE and that you DON’T need to panic). Besides that, we spent the rest of the week contacting. I am really starting to grow a love for it, I feel that it teaches a lot about missionary work and a dedication to it.
My companion goes home the 22 of February, it is in-between changes. He has his moments when he just wants to go home and his moments when he just wants to work really hard because he is about to leave. I love you.


Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment