Monday, April 27, 2015

They are like small brown beetles. I don’t like them because they always jump in my hair. I guess they just get excited to touch hair of a conche too.

My new companion is called Elder Zuniga, and he is also from Honduras. He is kind of a strange one, but that just makes living with him fun. He talks about his girlfriend a lot and one day a member went off on him and said that she is going to find someone else while she goes on her mission (she is going to serve a mission soon), so I make fun of him for that.  I make fun of most missionaries with girlfriends that are waiting for them because they can’t use it against me.  Thanks Dad for teaching me this! It is pretty great. We found a bunch of new investigators this week, but none of them seemed too overwhelmingly positive to me. Our ward mission leader told us that the secret to missionary work is to always find new, always be looking and focusing on news (He baptized 500 on his mission so I am lead to believe he knows a little bit of what he is talking about). Not sure if I am tired of the same area. I feel the same as I did two changes ago (it is just a feeling of indifference). I am glad I feel that way because many missionaries have told me that they would hate any one of these areas if they were there for more than 3 or 4 changes. I am rocking change number 6. To be honest though, I am not too concerned about where "I" would like to go, only that I am were I need to be and doing what I need to. We did service for a family this week and we hoed there land. I am not too sure how to say it in English. (we moved dirt with hoes in the land that they own to plant corn). Anyways, they gave us breakfast after and I ate my bowl of tamales, rice and beans. I then went back to work and returned. They asked me if I wanted a little more food. I said  a little bit more beans (because you can’t say no). She then gave me the rest of the beans and then asked if I would like some rice with it too. I said yes and jokingly said "the rest too". I don’t know if she didn’t understand that I was joking or just wanted to see me suffer, but she then poured my bowl of beans in the rice and gave me the bowl of rice. I almost blew up trying to finish the food. There are also these bugs that are coming out now. They are like small brown beetles. I don’t like them because they always jump in my hair. I guess they just get excited to touch hair of a conche too.

Love Bret

No comments:

Post a Comment